Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Swing Set


Last year.....about this time....a group of amazing people came over and helped beautify the yard AND installed a swing set. My little family was going through so much and the swing set was a welcome and perfect "FUN ESCAPE" for them.

At least once a week, someone will ask me if the kids ever play on the swing set! I wanted to help spread the word that THEY DO! And they LOVE IT.....especially Alexis and Gabby! They would swing all day if I wouldn't remind them of things that have to get done every now and then! To any of you that may have contributed in anyway to this thoughtful and loving gift.........Thank you! Thank you for loving and serving the Whitmores in their greatest hour of need! Lots of Love! -------Amy


I took this picture of Gabby and Alexis today! They had no idea I was watching them......as I often do! I love seeing (and hearing) the absolute JOY on their faces as they swing so high!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey Mike,
Thanks for sending me the address for your blog. I am so glad that you have found happiness again. Amy looks like a lovely lady and I am sure Deb hand picked her for you and your beautiful children.
Our family has also grown in different ways from the norm, but I am more convinced everyday of the hand of the Lord in all of it and the existence of pre-existent bonds that unfold to us slowly here during our mortal journey.
Adrienne

cmdance said...

I love it! What a great gift! To tell you the truth, I still love to swing really high - just like that picture!!!

Millie

Anonymous said...

hey amy i finally decided to leave a comment. :)
i told hayden a day or two ago that he needed to go visit alexis. he's been a bit distracted though.
come see me. :-D keli

Megan said...

Amy,
You were wondering about the peacocks on my porch cookbook. I don't have any more. We are looking into another printing. Check back with me in a few months. I'm glad you like it! I cook out of it all the time!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com