Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reminders

Gabby and James just came in from school this afternoon and as I was standing in my kitchen with Gabby a thought came to me . . . though Amy is not here in Redmond with me right now there are reminders of her all around.

To wit:

- Amy’s favorite store is . . . Costco. I made cookies for the kids from Otis Spunkmeier and those come from Amy’s store. As Gabby and I were chowing down on chocolate chip cookies I thought of Amy.

- Amy loves thick, white towels. When she visited last time I came home to find all new white towels and rugs in the bathroom. Oh, these were also from . . . Costco.

- Amy loves holidays and the house is decked out for Halloween. I’ve no idea where the decorations came from, but I might venture a guess.

There are several other reminders, but wow – first I can’t think of anything but Amy 24x7 and then there are reminders throughout the house. How fun!

I could not be happier except that rather than reminders of Amy I just wish she were here in person.

Mike

3 comments:

Josh said...

You're so cute Mike! I'm so happy Amy has such an adoring man to love her the way she deserves to be loved!!!

Grant said...

Okay, party was more than great!!! But where are the photos of the Richins? All I can see of proof that we were there are my legs on Grant's lap during the awesome Guestures Game! Oh, and we love the blog :) Richins

Matt and Joanna said...

your invitation is beautiful! we're so excited for the two of you (and your family!) i can't wait for amy to officially be in our ward!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com