Thursday, January 28, 2010

HOPE



Yesterday we met with the "high risk doctor" at our hospital for an ultrasound that every woman (35 and older) has to have, apparently. After seeing her cute little profile and measuring all of her bones and organs and stuff....... the Dr. said, "You'll notice here on the babies brain there is a little mark, it's called a (I can't remember the name....it was long) and it is a marker for a chromosomal disorder. The particular disorder affects motor skills and is found in 1 in every 400 babies born...." He continued talking and my brain continued spinning and worrying and then......my tender mercy came..........the doctor moved the ultra sound wand and stopped on her hand (she appeared to be waving to us!) He froze the screen and said, "Well.......I can tell you this, a baby that actually has (this particular) disorder could never do that with their hand. Their hands are always in a fist and they don't open! That should put you at ease!"

So......thank you baby HOPE for waving to us yesterday and putting my mind at ease! You appear to be growing beautifully and your little profile melted my heart and made me cry! I can't wait to see you and hold you and kiss you!!! Every day as Gabby (that's one of your big sisters') leaves for school she gives my tummy a little kiss and says......."OH MOM.....I JUST CANT WAIT TO HAVE HER HERE! Goodbye HOPE......I love you!" I feel the same way.....but......you stay in my little oven for as long as you possibly can! By June 16th....it should be nice and warm here in Redmond and the sun will be just days away from shining for an entire MONTH!!!!

We love you already!



6 comments:

Josh said...

Ame, I had no idea!! Yesterday I saw that cute ultrasound picture and it made me smile, today it makes me cry after hearing about your appointment!! She is so blessed to be coming home to a home so full of love!! Not only that, she is so loved by so much extended family too!! I love that sweet baby and I can't wait to hold and love her!! xoxo

Sarah said...

Boy, that scared me for a second! I'm glad she's OK. Hope is a good name.

amyraye said...

eew. i hate being the first to comment. feel like a stalker, but really it's just because i checked my google reader at just the right time.

scary. i'm glad your fears were eased. such a fun picture. was antonio banderas your doctor? gabby will be a wonderful big sister. hope is a lucky girl.

Laurel said...

baby hope.
baby hope.
baby hope.

I LOVE IT!

gini-k said...

Hope is our #2's middle name...love it. We love you and are excited for you to have a li'l girl, too. They are pure joy.

Crystal said...

that is really cute! great picture.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com